About 90% of those that know about inversion believe that it is one of the best ways to alleviate pain in the spine region of the body and this is true.
However, inversion therapy has numerous benefits, way beyond jut alleviating back pain.
Inversion therapy is a novel idea for a non-invasive treatment of various types of ailment.
Therefore, physicians, chiropractors and other health practitioners are constantly finding more benefits for inversion therapy on daily basis.
This post will examine few benefits of invasion; broaden readers understanding on its usage and how it can be used to their own advantage.
Even for those that are not suffering from back pain, sciatica or any other forms of spine-associated pain.
Pain Relieve Benefits Of Inversion:
- Back Pain Relief: Inversion is the most effective, non-invasive therapy for getting rid of back pain.
It’s proven that a larger percentage of pain in the spine is as a result of pressure mounted on the intervertebrae disc.
Inversion therapy takes advantage of body positioning towards gravity to reduce the pressure on the disc and bring about great relief from back pain.
- Herniated Disc Pain Relief: Herniation of the intervertebrae disc into the lumbar bone is also responsible for back pain.
Inversion is a good therapy for correcting the herniation; either single or multiple disc herniation, inversion therapy can be used to correct this defect and restore good health to patient.
- Sciatica Relief: Sciatica is another form of pain in the lower region of the body. The symptoms of sciatica arises as a result of compression of the sciatic nerve which is the major nerve responsible for the supply of muscles and skin in the lower extremities.
Inversion therapy is very beneficial in this case, as it can be used to reduce the pressure mounted on the sciatic nerve.
- Spinal Stenosis: This is a narrowing of the spinal canal through which the major nerves and cerebrospinal fluid passes through to the lower limbs.
Narrowing of the spinal canal usually bring about serious pain along the entire spire.
When the ligament in the cervical region becomes thickened; spinal stenosis is inevitable. Inversion therapy can be of great help in relaxing the thickened ligament and as a result bringing relief to the neck and entire spine.
- Scoliosis Pain Relief: Scoliosis is an in-born error in the arrangement of the vertebrae bones. There are different types of scoliosis.
Pain is often associated with scoliosis, especially after walking a distance of sitting for a while.
Inversion can be used to reduce the pain symptoms greatly.
Caution should however be taken to avoid unwanted consequences when using inversion therapy to alleviate scoliosis pain.
It’s best to consult with the doctor before going ahead.
- Headache Relief: There are different causes of headache, the most common one is due to prolonged stress and restlessness.
However, some headaches are caused by pressure in the spinal cord and accumulation of cerebrospinal fluid.
When there is a blockage of the passage of the cerebrospinal fluid in the spinal canal, and the reabsorbtion is slower than the production of the fluid; then there is accumulation in the brain, which results into headache.
Inversion therapy can be very useful in clearing out the spinal canal blockage and allow the free passage of the cerebrospinal fluid.
Fitness Benefits of Inversion:
Inversion is a common yoga pose. Let’s examine some of the fitness benefits of inversion exercise.
- Spine Realignment: If you had a very intensive workout, there are tendencies that you bone alignment might have been tampered with during the work-out.
Inversion post can be assumed for few minutes after an intensive work out to put the bones of the spine back into their normal position.
This would not only help prevent post workout pain, but also help in avoiding injury during subsequent workout.
- Improved Flexibility: The more flexible your body is; the easier it becomes to make some exercise post and get a full body workout. Inversion can help in improving body flexibility, especially in the back region of the body.
- Improved Joint Movement: The joint in the spine is made up of vertebrae bone interconnected by the vertebrae disc.
The vertebrae disc plays a significant role in lubricating and maintaining easy movement between the bones. Often, as we advance in age; the disc begins to diminish due to lack of nourishment arising from continuous decompression.
Inversion therapy can slow down the aging process of the disc by continuously supplying the disc with adequate nutrient, thereby improving joint movement even with aging.
- Proper Body Posture: Gravity is a natural force that pull things down to the earth. It affects everything; even we humans. The effect of gravity can impact our posture negatively if proper attention is not given to it.
When the entire body weight is pulled down due to gravity effect, there is a tendency of getting a bad walking posture.
Inversion therapy can be used in maintaining proper body posture by aligning the body towards the gravity pull at least twice per week.
Other Benefits Of Inversion Therapy.
- Cost Benefits: Whether you choose to get an inversion table of doing the inversion exercise the natural way.
Inversion therapy is cost effective when you consider the cost of fixing a doctor’s appointment and the cost of getting the required medical attention for a condition you can easily manage in the comfort of your house.
- Time Management: Let’s face it, queuing at the doctor’s office is no fun. The anxiety and the time spent in the doctor’s office can be used in doing something more productive.
Inversion therapy can help reduce the amount of hours spent consulting the doctor.
- Less Invasive: For those considering surgery for cases of back pain, spinal compression or sciatica. Inversion therapy is a good way of getting rid of the symptoms of sciatica.
It’s a non invasive method of getting rid of the pain as compared to surgery which is more risky.
- Reduces Stress: Stress brings about back pain, headache and other symptoms. Inversion exercise can help get rid of stress and give the required relaxation.
- Improved Sleep Quality: Just like any other form of exercise. Inversion exercise can help increase the quality of sleep
- Improved Circulation: Through inversion therapy, the body system circulation can be increased greatly by aligning the body towards the force of gravity and as a result reducing the effort needed in carrying blood towards the head region.
- Maintain Height: Disintegration of the intervertebrae disc would result into loss of height (about 1-5cm) as age advances.
This can be avoided by improving the circulation of nutrient into the disc and as a result slowing down the aging process of the disc.
There you go. The 17 golden benefits of inversion tables.
You should read our review on how to choose the best inversion table, click here.Check on Amazon!